2007 has been an interesting year for Idaho residents. We have had some amazing highs and some tragic and despicable lows and there are still four more months to go. I’d like to ask readers what they consider to be the three best things to happen here in Idaho so far this year as well as the three worst things. A list of things that is unique to Idaho and which the entire state has shared in. My lists (in no particular order) would include the following.
Three high points for Idaho in 2007:
1) Boise State Broncos come-from-behind win over Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl on New Year’s Day;
2) Barbara Morgan fulfilling the dreams of teachers and students nationwide with her recent shuttle mission; and
3) 10,000 attend Al Gore’s keynote speech at the Taco Bell Arena in January.
Three low points for the year:
1) anything related to Rep. Bill Sali;
2) the tragic wildfires disrupting our neighbors lives and wreaking havoc with the natural beauty here; and
3) Yesterday’s news concerning the hypocrisy of Sen. Larry Craig.
So, what do you think have been the high and low points so far this year?